Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brandee, another new tangle pattern

Last summer, in July, an advertising brochure was on our doormat. It was filled with borders
representing fire.... 

Aha, wouldn't that make a nice tangle pattern? I remember this was the first thing that went through my head. So sorry for the retailer, but I haven't payed much attention to his discounted items. This was really something I immediately wanted to try. After the try-outs I used this funny pattern in a ZIA and on a tile. Ever since that day I have been looking for this pattern to show up in other people's zentangles or ZIA's, but it didn't. And it was only yesterday that I finally found the right name: Brandee!
"Brand!" is Dutch for "Fire!" and because it ends with a "D" I added my usual e's as a kind of sign.
Well, and Brandee sounds like brandy, which burns as well.... No, I don't know by experience :)
This is how to do it:
Step 1 & 2  are all about random S- and reversed S-shapes, which you connect in step 2. It doesn't matter if the connections are a little sloppy.
Step 3 is only coloring. I suggest you use a Pigma Brush. Not only to save the ink from the Micron, but its flexibility helps to create beautiful roundings and will correct the sloppy connections!!

Strictly speaking Brandee isn't a tangle pattern, because it actually does represent something.... But hey, who cares if you can do this with it:

Tangles: Brandee and Fünf  (2012/07/19)
At the right: I copied the tile and turned it 90 degrees to show Brandee when it's drawn on the sides. I hope you'll agree, it looks very nice as well!
A ZIA (dated 2012/07/18!):
Tangles: Brandee, Cheers, Rain and Triangles
Haven't seen this pattern anywhere, am I right?? If I'm wrong, please tell me. Should the name already exist, please do the same!

Thanks to:
CZT® Denise Rudd for Fünf 
CZT® Sue Clark for Cheers
Zentangle® for Rain (steps by Suzanne McNeill)
CZT® Suzanne McNeill for Triangles

Happy Tangling everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment